Posted by Mary Canady November 20th, 2009 .
Xconomy, a great source for news about biotech in the ‘hubs,’ has an event coming up on Dec. 14th: Tomorrow’s Biotech–Innovators and Innovations. We’ve secured a special SDBN rate for you of $50 (regular rate is $60 or $95, depending when you register). Just use the discount code ‘SDBN’ when registering to get the special price. Hope to see you there!
Tomorrow’s Biotech–Innovators and Innovations
San Diego is home to a dazzling array of today’s most successful biotech inventors, companies, and technologies. But who are the innovators who will help perpetuate—and enhance—our region’s leadership in life sciences in the years to come? Which area innovations will help transform the way we treat and prevent disease? And how is the region working with innovators from outside the area to stay at the bleeding edge of innovation and commercial success? Through stellar keynotes, case studies, panel discussion, and networking, Xconomy will bring to the forefront San Diego’s newest generation of biotech executives, entrepreneurs, and startups, as well as visionary leaders from outside the region, to look at the future of biotech innovation in our area—and beyond.
* Ramesh Rao, Director of UC San Diego Divison of Calit2
* Joe Panetta, President and CEO, BIOCOM
* David Baltimore, Nobel Prize Winner; Professor of Biology and past President, California Institute of Technology; Chairman of the Board, American Association for the Advancement of Science
* John Maraganore, CEO, Alnylam Pharmaceuticals
Featured speakers include:
* Sheng Ding, Associate Professor of Chemistry, The Scripps Research Institute; co-scientific founder, Fate Therapeutics
* Paul Grayson, President and CEO, Fate Therapeutics
* Trey Ideker, Chief of Genetics, UCSD School of Medicine
* Peter Kuhn, Associate Professor of Cell Biology, The Scripps Research Institute
* David Kabakoff, executive-in-residence, Sofinnova Ventures; co-founder Salmedix
* Troy Wilson, Co-founder, President, and CEO, Intellikine
* Kleanthis Xanthopoulos, President and CEO, Regulus Therapeutics
Location and Time
Registration Opens: 1:15 pm
Program: 2:00 pm – 5:30 pm
Reception: 5:30 pm – 6:30 pm