Wednesday, March 31, 2010
6:00 pm – 8:30 pm
San Diego biotech has taken its share of lumps lately, but beyond the next quarter or next year, what kind of life sciences potential really exists here? What will the San Diego life sciences landscape look like 20 years from now? Will the region have grown as a world leader in university and corporate research, venture financing, and entrepreneurial activity? Which particular fields of life sciences and healthcare will be the most vibrant? We will bring together a select group of innovators and visionaries in the heart of La Jolla for an intimate, interactive discussion of these and other key questions about the future of San Diego-area life sciences.
• John Dunn, Executive Vice President, Biogen Idec New Ventures
• John Mendlein (moderator), Chairman of the Board, Fate Therapeutics
• Paul Schimmel, Professor of Chemical Biology, The Scripps Research Institute; Cofounder or founding director of eleven biotechnology companies, of which six (Alkermes, Alnylam Pharmaceuticals, Avicena Group, Cubist Pharmaceuticals, Momenta Pharmaceuticals, Repligen Corporation) are publicly traded.
• Dan Bradbury, President and CEO, Amylin Pharmaceuticals; Chairman-elect of BIOCOM
• Fred “Rusty” Gage, Professor and Vi and John Adler Chair for Research on Age-Related Neurodegenerative Diseases, Salk Institute for Biological Studies
Bonus Feature: Meet top executives from emerging life sciences enterprises, who will provide brief introductions to their organizations.
• Biogen Idec New Ventures
• VentiRx Pharmaceuticals
Registration Opens: 5:15 pm
Program: 6:00 pm – 7:30 pm
Reception: 7:30 pm – 8:30 pm
Research & Corporate Campus
5200 Research Place
San Diego, CA 92122
Special SDBN Rate – $50.00
To get this rate, go to the registration link listed below, enter the discount code SDBN, and select Regular Registration.
Early Bird Registration: $75.00 (ends March 10)
Regular Registration – $95.00
Student Registration – $20 (Limited number available. Valid student ID must be shown at registration desk.)
Walk-in Registration – $125.00
Tickets are transferable but not refundable.