Posted by Mary Canady April 25th, 2013 .
In anticipation of our Biotech Journalism event Monday, we’re providing resources related to San Diego life science communication tagged here with #SDScicomm (also the hashtag for the event). Over the five years since the SDBN’s creation, we’ve seen a lot of changes such as the SDUT’s acquisition of the North County Times, the rising popularity of news organizations such as Xconomy, and more local companies starting blogs. Keeping in touch with the local life science news is important for many reasons: to learn about advances, funding, jobs, and events. We cover many sources in our news feeds, which you can subscribe to, and we’ve also created a Facebook interest group you can follow. If you have another news source, contact us and we’ll add it. Also, encourage your organization to provide more news and information online, preferably with an RSS feed, as this is how we combine them into a single source. Share news and events with your colleagues and friends too, this helps science in the region gain more visibility.
So, tell us, which of news sources do you use? Comment below!
San Diego Biotech News Sources
|Life Technologies||Blog||URL, RSS|
|Salk Institute||Event Calendar||URL (mailing list)|
|San Diego Business Journal||News||URL|
|San Diego Biotechnology Connection||News||URL,RSS|
|San Diego Union Tribune||News||URL,RSS|
|Sanford-Burnham Medical Research Institute||Blog||URL,RSS|
|SDBN||News, Event Calendar||URL,RSS (feeds)|
|The Scripps Research Institute||News||RSS|
*Requires filtering for San Diego news.
- Sr Python Software Engineer, Biotechnology & Bioinformatics Systems – Laguna Source – San Diego, CA
- Director Upstream Cell Culture Process Development – Laguna Source – San Diego, CA
- Laboratory Data Processor – BioPhase Solutions – San Diego, CA
- Senior Director, Regulatory Affairs – HUYA Biosciences International – Del Mar Heights, CA
- Senior Director and Medical Program Manager – HUYA Biosciences International – Del Mar Heights, CA
- Greg Mrachko on Biotech Journalism Panel Series Part 1: Where Do You Get Your Local Life Science News?
- Mary Canady on Biotech Journalism Panel Series Part 1: Where Do You Get Your Local Life Science News?
- Andrew Ray on Biotech Journalism Panel Series Part 1: Where Do You Get Your Local Life Science News?
- Bernard Delacruz on SDBN February 25th 2013 Event: Reproductive Biology Research At The San Diego Zoo and Beyond
- Ivan Tesic on SDBN October 22nd 2012 Event: ScienceOnline, What’s In It For Me?