Posted by jobs July 17th, 2013 .
Hiring Company: BP
Job Code: 46121BR
Location: San Diego, CA
Job Type: Full-time
Compensation: $ Commensurate with skills
Description: The BP Biofuels Global Technology Centre, located in San Diego, California is a high-energy, team-oriented research and development campus that is involved in revolutionizing the advanced green energy industry. We are looking for a highly motivated, tenacious full-time Yeast Geneticist/Physiologist to join the Yeast Development team.
As a Principal Scientist within the team, you will focus your research on constructing yeast strains capable of efficiently making biofuels from cellulosic feedstock.
The individual will join a group of interactive scientists and should have strong communication skills. Salary will be commensurate with experience and qualifications.
This position reports to Yeast Development Manager.
• A minimum of 5 years of industrial experience.
• A strong research background in yeast molecular biology and/or physiology with a focus on the use of systems biology and genetic analysis tools to identify novel targets for strain optimization.
• Deep understanding of yeast genetics and biochemistry.
• Experience in using genetic approaches combined with state-of-the-art synthetic biology techniques and evolutionary engineering to optimize yeast strains.
• Proven track record of using genetic, cell biology and chemical genomic approaches to develop yeast strains in which multiple genes have been precisely re-engineered.
• Must be motivated, possess good interpersonal skills, communicate well within and between teams and be able to work to tight deadlines.
• Ability to prioritize responsibilities and multi-task effectively will be key.
Link for more information: http://www.bp.com/careers