Posted by sandiegobiotech August 12th, 2013 .
Hiring Company: Active Motif
Location: Carlsbad, CA
Description: Active Motif, Inc. is a privately held biotechnology company focused on supplying innovative kits and reagents for epigenetics and nuclear function research. Active Motif’s services group performs specialized epigenetics-based experiments for leading academic groups and pharmaceutical companies and is seeking a Research Scientist to join our team.
The Research Scientist will work closely with other members of the epigenetics services team at our Carlsbad facility to generate high quality data for a number of different projects. The ideal candidate will be meticulous at the bench, well organized, keep good records and understand the importance of project timelines.
The successful candidate will spend significant time performing chromatin immunoprecipitation (ChIP), qPCR, next-gen sequencing library preparation, bisulfite sequencing and data analysis.
• Ability to carefully execute experiments to reliably generate high quality data according to specified protocols
• Record data and perform analysis
• Optimize new protocols
• Contribute ideas and suggestions to improve standard laboratory techniques and protocols
• Perform and communicate effectively within a group environment
• Strong work ethic and self-motivated
• A Ph.D. in Biology, Biochemistry, Molecular Biology or other related discipline
• Experience in epigenetics, ChIP, qPCR, RNA-Seq and bisulfite sequencing
• Experience handling whole-genome data sets and bioinformatics is a plus
Interested individuals should submit a cover letter and resume outlining qualifications, experience and current salary details to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Link for more information: http://www.activemotif.com/careers