- San Diego Biotechnology & Life Science Events, Jobs, News, Company Directory - http://sdbn.org -
In Vivo Business Development Senior Manager/Director
Posted By jobs On August 29, 2013 @ 12:40 pm In Featured Jobs | No Comments
Hiring Company: The Jackson Laboratory
Job Code: 3794
Location: San Francisco, CA
Job Type: Full Time
Description: The JAX Mice and Services Division of The Jackson Laboratory is seeking an In Vivo Services Business Development Sr. Manager/Director to cover the states of California, Oregon and Washington with San Francisco resident preferred.
• Developing and maintain strong customer relationships with new accounts and current customers, providing consultative solutions and required support. Providing consultative, problem solving to the customer – with demonstrated strong understanding of customer needs and possible TJL solutions.
• Ensuring revenue and management objectives are met and exceeded for assigned area with emphasis on promoting the scientific expertise of The Lab to meet challenges faced by researchers in the assigned geography and market segment.
• Developing winning project proposals that focus on the Jax Mice and Services In Vivo Services product offering which may involve multiple operational units for highly complex services delivered by The Laboratory.
• Mentoring Opportunity Development Managers to include coaching and guidance in customizing specialized customer projects/plans, maximizing territory penetration, etc.
• Providing solutions that create long standing relationships to address the unique needs of our customers.
• Representing the “voice of the customer” in internal strategy development activities.
Manage all aspects of assigned territory to include but not limited to:
• Identifying, negotiating and managing strategic relationships with biotechnology and pharmaceutical partners.
• Develop territory business plans based on revenue targets and strategic goals.
• Excellent leadership and interpersonal skills. Team oriented, excellent coach and is coachable.
• Highly developed verbal and written communication skills.
• The ability to build strong relationships across the organization and thrive in a culture that values diversity of thought is essential.
• Ability to travel up to 60%.
• Good analytical skills.
• Must possess valid driver’s license and the ability to safely operate a motor vehicle.
• Computer proficiency
• Strong consultative selling skills and proven capability to close sales.
• Consistently exceed goals.
• Excellent business management skills—business acumen, organization, planning, budgeting, setting goals and objectives.
• BS/BA required (preferable in Life or Animal Sciences), MS/MBA and/or Ph.D. preferred.
• Associate Director; preceding requirement in addition to 5 years or more of direct business development in biomedical or animal science sales including documented, successful field territory management, strategic account development and a demonstrated ability to mentor peers and/or team.
• CRO Sales experience preferred.
To be considered for this position, please submit a cover letter and resume by uploading or copy & pasting as one document.
Link for more information: https://jax.silkroad.com/epostings/index.cfm?fuseaction=app.jobinfo&id=23&jobid=218186&company_id=15987&version=2&source=ONLINE&JobOwner=968666&level=levelid1&levelid1=49418&parent=California&startflag=2 
Article printed from San Diego Biotechnology & Life Science Events, Jobs, News, Company Directory: http://sdbn.org
URL to article: http://sdbn.org/2013/08/29/in-vivo-business-development-senior-managerdirector/
URLs in this post:
 https://jax.silkroad.com/epostings/index.cfm?fuseaction=app.jobinfo&id=23&jobid=218186&company_id=15987&version=2&source=ONLINE&JobOwner=968666&level=levelid1&levelid1=49418&parent=California&startflag=2: https://jax.silkroad.com/epostings/index.cfm?fuseaction=app.jobinfo&id=23&jobid=218186&company_id=15987&version=2&source=ONLINE&JobOwner=968666&level=levelid1&levelid1=49418&parent=California&startflag=2
Copyright © 2008-2010 Comprendia, LLC. All rights reserved.