Posted by jobs August 29th, 2013 .
Hiring Company: The Jackson Laboratory
Job Code: 3758
Location: Sacramento, CA
Job Type: Full time
Description: Exciting Opportunity
for a highly-trained, self-motivated research scientist excited about science but looking for an alternative to a career writing grants and performing experimental bench work
There is a regular, full-time Technical Information Scientist position available in Sacramento, California.
The TIS role includes the opportunity to:
• Interface with researchers world-wide
• Travel and deliver scientific presentations
• Develop educational marketing literature
• Build technical sales skills
• Remain current in your field of interest (as it relates to mouse models of disease)
• Participate in leadership opportunities
• Continue to develop your scientific career as part of a diverse, dynamic team, within a non-profit business setting
The successful candidate will have:
• A PhD in the biological sciences is preferred, but a Master’s degree with extensive research experience, including mouse genetics, will be considered.
• Research experience in immunology, autoimmunity/inflammation, or metabolic disease is an asset.
• exceptional written and verbal communication skills, strong problem solving skills, the ability to multitask
• the ability to travel (10-25%) to deliver engaging presentations to large audiences.
Link for more information: https://jax.silkroad.com/epostings/index.cfm?fuseaction=app.jobinfo&id=23&jobid=218226&company_id=15987&version=2&source=ONLINE&JobOwner=968666&level=levelid1&levelid1=49418&parent=California&startflag=2