Posted by Mary Canady December 17th, 2013 .
We just updated the SDBN directory, it now contains more than 430 San Diego biotech organizations with important information for each such as category, size, address, website and career page. Our vision is that the information it provides will serve as a hub for organizations and individuals to connect.
At our January 13th 2014 Speed Networking event, we will show the potential of the directory by using it to facilitate partnering meetings. Whether you represent an organization, are an individual in industry or academia, or a consultant serving the life sciences, you’ll be able to make great connections at the event. Here is how it will work:
- Everyone who attends representing a life science organization will get a free premium directory listing for 6 months, see this post for the details. Individuals will not have listings, but will be able to request meetings with organizations. Consultants will be given a free listing for 30 days or they can choose to request meetings as an individual.
- Participants will sign up for the event and indicate whether they’re interested in attending short partnering meetings representing their organization or themselves. The partnering meetings will take place in the first hour of the event, so those who choose not to partner will have plenty of time to meet people during speed networking (if you’re new to the concept, check out this explainer).
- Those represent an organization will receive information on how you to log in and manage their directory listing. All others will wait for the announcement that partnering requests are open.
- In early 2014 we’ll send all registrants a link to the directory listings of all of the organizations that will be represented at the event, and everyone will be able to request partnering meetings.
- A few days before the event, we’ll send you your partnering schedule. The length of the meetings and the format will depend on how many people sign up.
This event always attracts 100+ attendees, it’s a great way to reach them as well as the 12,000 we reach on our social media channels. Contact us today to start the new year right with an SDBN event sponsorship!
Who: Life science researchers and professionals in the greater San Diego area
What:January 13th Speed Networking Event: Focus on Biotech Partnerships
When: Monday, January 13th, 2014, 5:30-8:30 p.m.
Where:Green Flash Brewery Tasting Room, 6550 Mira Mesa Boulevard San Diego, 92121 (directions below)
Cost: $25/20 (Academic), dinner provided, beer and soda available for purchase.
For more information about the event: http://sdbn.org/january
Directions: From the west: From the 805 North or South exit Mira Mesa Blvd, head east for 2.0 miles, the Green Flash Tasting Room will be on the left/north side of the street at Flanders Drive. From the east: From the 15 North or South exit Mira Mesa Blvd, head west for 3.6 miles, the Green Flash Tasting Room will be on the right/north side of the street at Flanders Drive.
Parking: The Green Flash lot holds about 70 cars, so come early and carpool if you’d like to park there. You can also park on the street, but be very mindful that there are some poorly marked ‘no parking’ areas, especially on Sequence where there is a center lane.