Manager/Senior Manager of Sales and Marketing
Location: San Diego, CA
Reports to: VP of BD
LATITUDE Pharmaceuticals Inc., a contract research organization (CRO) offering drug formulation services and drug delivery technologies, is seeking a highly-motivated individual to lead the company’s sales and marketing activities to generate new business. This includes, but is not limited to, cold calls, prospecting, networking, production of marketing collateral, website design and maintenance, territory management and relationship building with pharmaceutical, specialty pharmaceutical and biotech companies. The successful candidate must be able to provide attentive service to existing and potential clients, sell the company’s formulation development services and drug delivery technologies, and coordinate client requirements with internal staff. This position is based out of the San Diego headquarters office.
Working with the Vice President of Business Development, this position will:
• Lead sales and marketing of formulation development and drug delivery services to meet the company’s overall annual sales objectives
• Identify new, and expand current, business opportunities, with a direct focus on a West Coast sales territory
• Develop and manage a market penetration strategy for targeted companies. Travel within the territory as needed.
• Promote/present company in a professional manner to develop new business.
• Create proposals and quotes for clients’ review
• Coordinate follow up calls and other forms of contact with prospective and current clients
• Interact with existing client base to maintain positive business relationships and develop partnerships
• Create marketing materials to effectively promote company’s technologies and services
• Maintain company website pages to provide latest information on company technologies and services
• Maintain database(s) of contacts and prospects. Knowledge of Salesforce a plus.
• Maintain accurate and timely updates to senior management.
• Maintain a thorough knowledge of service capabilities and drug delivery technologies offered by company
• Attend strategic industry tradeshows
• Other duties as assigned by the VP, Business Development
• Bachelor’s Degree required
• 5+ years of experience in sales, marketing and/or business development responsibilities in the Life Sciences sector. Preferably in the bio-pharmaceutical services industry.
• Highly developed sales and marketing skills
o Proven contract pharmaceutical research or manufacturing sales success preferred
• Sound knowledge of e-marketing/conventional marketing techniques
• Superior organizational, interpersonal and communication skills (both oral and written)
• Ability to take initiative and manage time effectively
• Dynamic and highly self-motivated
• Ability to travel up to 25%
Interested applicants should send their cover letter (optional) and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org