Hiring Company: Boochcraft
Location: Chula Vista
Job Type: Brewery Operations
Compensation: $ Commensurate with experience
Description: Job Description
Boochcraft is looking for an Operations Manager to oversee production in the brewery. The position will manage day-to day operations of the brewery, manage production schedules, and ensure implementation of standard operating procedures to maintain consistency, quality, and efficiency throughout the production process. As an integral part of the management team, the Operations Manager will contribute to the ongoing growth, creativity, and strategic expansion of Boochcraft.
More about Boochcraft can be found here: http://www.boochcraft.com/
Manage brewery operations including: production of both primary and secondary kombucha, bottling and packaging, implementation and improvement of all SOPs relevant to production, and safety policies and procedures. Hire, train, and manage dedicated brewery staff. Work closely with all teams to meet production and quality goals.
• With management, QC, and sales team, develop and implement long and short term planning goals. Collaborate on all production activities and generate schedules to meet sales forecasts and demands.
• Monitor, evaluate, and continuously improve brewing operations to balance quality, efficiency, cost savings, and profitability.
• With management, integrate overall business strategy into long and short term operational goals and company objectives and mission.
• Stay up to date with current research on industry trends and compliance initiatives and implement improvements as necessary.
• Ensure all standard operating procedures are up to date (with QC team) and monitor adherence by all operations staff.
• Develop a comprehensive training program for all new and established operations staff members that ensures proper execution of all SOPs, and is in line with company objectives and personal growth policies.
• With input from management, develop performance and productivity metrics for all production areas and hold operations staff accountable for achieving these goals.
• Conduct periodic performance reviews with members of the operations team.
• Oversee and ensure all brewing areas are compliant with company quality, sanitation, and safety standards.
• Supervise the maintenance of all brewery equipment to optimize operation and prevent production delays.
• Supervise purchasing and negotiations for all production supplies, ingredients, brewery equipment, and packaging materials.
• Oversee inventory system (using EKOS software) and supervise accurate, monthly assessments of all brewery items including production supplies and brewery products.
• Research, and discuss with founders, all new equipment needs for production to maximize efficiency, product quality, and safety.
• Guarantee a safe working environment for all brewery personnel, enforce safe work practices and use of PPE, and maintain established quality standards.
• Maintain clear lines of communication with all management staff as well as operations team.
• Work with financial team to coordinate production schedule with sales and activity reports.
• Work with QC team on areas where R&D is needed to improve quality, efficiency, and/or productivity.
• Analyze and communicate Operations Outcomes and Results with management team and brewery personnel.
• Ensure all brewery personnel have the appropriate tools, knowledge, and equipment to complete their jobs safely and efficiently.
• Support company events as needed.
• Represent Boochcraft with enthusiasm and confidence.
• 3+ years of experience in Operations Management, Production/Warehouse
Floor Management, or similar
• BA/BS in Business, Management, Operations Research, Engineering, or equivalent knowledge gained from 5+ years of Operations Management, Production/Warehouse Floor Management, etc.
• Experience managing personnel/production team
• Skilled in troubleshooting, analyzing, and deconstructing problems and finding solutions
• Demonstrated knowledge of a production industry
• Self starter/quick learner
• Demonstrated mechanical experience with equipment and machinery (knowledge and experience working with large-scale chemostats would be a huge plus)
• Exceptional leadership skills with demonstrated ability to lead and motivate a team and maintain positive workforce morale
• Experience executing SOPs and ensuring workforce compliance
• Knowledge of industry compliance standards such as OSHA, state and federal regulations, and production management systems
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• Strong planning and organization skills
• A strong work ethic that includes the ability to multi-task, prioritize, and adapt in a dynamic work environment
• Physical labor will include bending over, kneeling, twisting, climbing on ladders, stooping, crouching, and lifting up to 55 lbs.
• Evaluate product quality by sensory analysis (vision, taste, and smell)
To apply: please send a cover letter and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org