Research Scientist, Oncology
Hiring Company: Sierra Oncology, Inc.
Location: San Diego
Reporting to the SVP, Research, the Research Scientist, Oncology, is responsible for assisting with execution and interpretation of research programs.
- Assists in the execution, interpretation and reporting of in vitro and in vivo pharmacology studies for the evaluation of Sierra drug development programs.
- Assists with research programs based on an understanding of the pathophysiology of disease, and mechanism of action of drugs.
- References scientific literature, his/her own scientific knowledge, and other relevant information to design, interpret, and report non-clinical research.
- Assists with the execution of the strategy for multiple research programs, ensuring performance and integrity of studies.
- Assists with writing study protocols and final reports for internal and external use, crafting written and PowerPoint reports/summaries of literature and Sierra-generated data.
- In conjunction with the SVP, Research and Principal Scientist, Oncology, assists in identifying CROs, academic groups, or organizations to conduct Sierra-sponsored preclinical and bioassay studies related to mechanism of action, preclinical screening and lead candidate development.
- Assists in crafting research posters, primary research manuscripts, patents, IND documents, clinical amendments and other corporate public/private disclosures related to research activities/objectives.
- Assists with department budget management as directed.
- Works closely with scientific staff and CROs and oversees aspects of experimental details as directed by the SVP, Research and Principal Scientist, Oncology.
- Works collaboratively within research, and other cross functional groups to ensure that research and other relevant data are aligned with corporate/partnering and IP needs.
- Identify risks, develop risk mitigation plans, and escalate risk mitigation strategies to the SVP, Research as appropriate.
- Other related duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Requirements
- PhD in a Biological discipline, with a minimum of 2 years of directly related experience, or the equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Strong knowledge of Oncology.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills for effectively interfacing with all levels of management and departments within the company.
How to Apply
To apply for this role, please submit your CV and cover letter in PDF format to email@example.com. Please indicate the position title in the subject line of your email.
We thank you in advance for your interest in Sierra. We will contact you directly should we wish to arrange a meeting to discuss this position further.
Email address to send resume: firstname.lastname@example.org