Director, Life Science Development
Location: USA – San Diego, CA
Position: Full Time
Reports to: Executive Director, Life Science Development
The role of the Director, Life Science Development is to lead the sales and marketing efforts for the Life Science division’s expanding in vivo and in vitro oncology product portfolio that supports and accelerates preclinical research, drug development and validation efforts. This role must ensure optimization of product messaging and implementation of the corporate strategy and resulting tactical plans in the achievement of budget attainment. The position is responsible for tracking budget achievement and lost business, identifying and understanding market trends, executing new product development including identifying opportunities with external partnerships for expanding the portfolio, driving all operational initiatives to ensure excellent execution towards delivering overall customer satisfaction, and managing competitive threats to the business. They will be responsible for channel strategies including inside sales and digital sales efforts towards generating qualified leads, successful opportunity pipeline management creation, and ensuring delivering on corporate targets. The Director must work across multiple Crown Bioscience commercial functions.
- BUDGET ACHIEVEMENT: The Director will be responsible for meeting or exceeding their annual corporate targets within the Life Science products through managed sales and marketing efforts. The Director leads the creation of strategic tactical plans to maximize revenue and margin.
- STRATEGY: The Director implements corporate strategy in the defined life science market. They are involved with negotiating and executing corporate pricing strategies to maintain business in existing accounts and develop new business. They interact with R&D to develop new products to bring to the market including exploring external partnership opportunities for portfolio expansion.
- PLANNING/FORECASTING: The Director develops and executes an effective sales and marketing plan for achieving annual corporate goals and targets within the Life Science product portfolio. They are responsible for development and monitoring of key performance indicators and forecasts.
- BUSINESS/MARKETS: The Director drives and initiates development of new business opportunities through buy/build/OEM and increases the number of strategic partnerships.
- MANAGE INDIVIDUALS/TEAM: The Director leads, manages, coaches and motivates people. Conducts performance management processes and effectively deals with personnel issues.
- DEVELOPMENT: The Director coaches and develops individuals and teams so they have proper direction, necessary skills and tools to achieve corporate targets. They provide regular feedback and conduct performance reviews.
- COMMUNICATION: The Director organizes meetings and coordinates communication channels to ensure effective communication across the organization. They maintain and develop relationships with key customers and suppliers.
Primary Position Requirements:
- Minimum Bachelor Degree in life science related field, Graduate Degree preferred
- A minimum of 5 years of directly related sales experience with a proven track record in the life science industry and must have knowledge of in vitro and in vivo preclinical research drug discovery and validation market
- Intermediate to advanced MS Office skills
- Proven successful leadership, team management and budget experience
- Knowledge of relevant market including competition
- Ability to create and develop resolutions to complex problems while meeting objectives
- Implement strategy through the life science team. Work is accomplished in a proactive manner without considerable direction
- Acts as a coach for the life science division
- Excellent listening, presentation and communication skills for all business levels
Travel: Minimal travel (up to 30%) may be required
We value diversity and are proud to provide a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. EEO.
The salary range for this position depends on experience. Qualified and interested candidates should apply using the form on the right of the job’s landing page. We look forward to receiving your application.