The San Diego Biotechnology Network (SDBN) Community is a place for scientists and biotechnology professionals of all levels to interact, learn, and advance their careers. As such, all SDBN Community members agree to adhere to the following rules, and failure to comply may result in being removed and blocked from joining the group. Please also note that rules are subject to change at any time (if, for example, we find that too many people are using the site to advertise, we won’t allow it):
- Discrimination or harassment, especially based on another member’s race, gender, or abilities is strictly prohibited. Respect all member’s rights to their voice and opinion.
- Defamatory or inflammatory posts or comments are not allowed.
- Vulgar language and inappropriate material is not allowed and will be removed.
- Do not post copyrighted materials (articles, videos, audio, etc.) that you do not have permission to reproduce or distribute.
- Limit the number of self-serving, or advertising posts on this site.
- Repeated unwanted messaging or commenting on another user’s posts is strictly prohibited.
- Use your real name/identity. Use your company email address when signing up, so we can validate your identity quickly, and change later if desired.
- Respect others’ privacy, and conversely don’t post items that aren’t public knowledge. For example, you really shouldn’t post here about looking for a job unless your employer knows, but don’t inform employers about someone seeking a job.
- This site will contain some information for the March for Science San Diego (MSSD) and related activities. While MSSD is nonpartisan, related posts supporting partisan political activities may result. Limited discourse about politics is permitted, again no defamatory/inflammatory posts are allowed.
The following guidelines are provided to protect the safety of our members:
- Do not post personal, real-life information such as contact information, home addresses and home phone numbers. Do not upload resumes on the current site (we may provide uploads in the future for job searching).
- Do not agree to meet with anyone from the SDBN Community in a non-public place, or agree to ride in a vehicle with them.