- Customer Service Focus
- Laboratory Workflow Automation
- International Business with offices throughout the United States
Trajan Automation currently has an opportunity for a service specialist to provide customer service, install and support on the West Coast with assignments as required in other regions nationally. Reporting to the Business Services Manager-Automation, this role is responsible for servicing existing client base as well as continued growth and service business development directly and through partner channels. This role will be based in our San Diego facility but will spend a bulk of their time on the road.
- Expansion for Trajan Automation service team performing installation, preventative maintenance, application support and repair services focused on the West Coast with scope for other regions as required.
- Growth of the automation service business through credibly supporting the well-recognized ‘LEAP PAL’ brand as well as other technologies like microdispensing, articulated robotics & partner/OEM solutions.
- Liaise with internal and external stakeholders and collect voice of customer information to uncover new service and product improvement opportunities.
- Ensure that all service actions are professionally performed, appropriately captured, defined and documented per company policies
- Provide technical support to the service and commercial teams as well as customer both in person and via phone
Key Selection Criteria:
- Bachelor’s Degree in science or engineering (mechanical, electrical, biomedical preferred)
- Passion for customer service with minimum 5 years of experience and practical knowledge in Mass spectrometry, GC, LC and liquid handling automation. Experience maintaining or servicing equipment (experience and certifications on CTC platforms are helpful) and knowledge on operation of the major chromatography data systems either as a member of a field service team or in their own lab
- Detailed practical and theoretical background in analytical system design and implementation, coupled with associated MS and other detection methods.
- Proven customer relationship building skills with strong organizational skills who is confident working remotely
- Willing to travel as required nationally and internationally (>70% travel expected)
- Ability to define the root cause of issues as well as uncover additional opportunities to service the customer workflow through the application of automation.
- Mechanical aptitude with analytical decision-making skills.
- Resourcefulness, flexibility and creativity in addressing problems and working proactively to resolve issues in a timely manner.
With over 25 years of experience, LEAP Technologies, now Trajan Automation and part of the Trajan Scientific and Medical Group, generates complete automated sample-centric workflow solutions.
We are the ideal partner for analytical, life science or diagnostic laboratory automation needs.
Trajan Scientific and Medical is a global organisation committed to developing and commercialising technologies that enable analytical systems to be more selective, sensitive and specific for biological,
environmental and food related measures. Trajan’s vision is to enrich the wellbeing of a growing number of communities by having an impact on human health.
Trajan is an Equal Opportunity Employer encouraging flexibility and fostering an environment that celebrates diversity.