Job Title: Senior Research Technician (Bioanalytical)
Department: Research and Development
Location: San Diego, CA
Classification: Non-exempt, Hourly
GENERAL OVERVIEW OF POSITION:
This position reports to the Senior Research Associate. The research technician will be responsible for performing bioanalytical method development and qualification for immunoassays and cell-based assays, protein purification and analysis, as well as basic laboratory upkeep.
KEY ATTRIBUTES AND COMPETENCIES:
- Fast learner that enjoys working in a dynamic environment
- A results-oriented individual who actively seeks to learn and improve job related skills.
- Ability to prioritize multiple, competing tasks and demands.
- Excellent communication skills
- Collaborative and team oriented approach to accomplishing assigned projects.
- Follows SOPs and procedures and generates careful and accurate documentation of the research.
- Ability to carry out assignments independently after having been provided appropriate direction and coaching
- Must be able to follow written procedures and verbal instructions
- Well organized with attention to detail
MAJOR DUTIES OF POSITION:
- Assisting in the development of experimental methods (bioassays, ELISA) to characterize the potency and concentration of the company’s lead compounds
- Maintaining and expanding bacterial and immortalized/primary animal and human cell lines
- Assist in the production and purification of proteins
- Assist in the formulation of drugs for efficacy experiments
- Conduct document reviews and author standard operating procedures (SOPs)
- Documenting experiments in laboratory notebooks and preparing detailed written reports of experiments
- Participating in weekly laboratory presentations and monthly journal club presentations
- Basic laboratory upkeep: dish washing, reagent preparation, stocking supplies, equipment upkeep/maintenance, and maintaining chemical inventory
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILL REQUIREMENTS:
- A BS in chemistry/biochemistry/molecular biology with 2 years practical experience
in working in an academic or commercial laboratory.
- 2 years’ experience developing, performing or validating Immunoassays and/or cell based assays
- Experience on multiple platforms (such as ELISA, Meso-Scale Discovery and Luminex) highly desirable
- Experience performing sample analysis for in vivo studies; sample analysis and reporting for TK, PK, and ADA immunoassay highly desirable
- Working knowledge of regulatory guidance (GLP / GMP / CLIA) is preferred
- Must have knowledge of general laboratory techniques such as reagent preparation, filtration, glass washing, sterile/aseptic techniques, chemical handling, and laboratory safety
- Familiarity with cell culture, DNA/RNA analyses, ELISA, SDS PAGE analysis, Western blot, knowledge of basic and organic chemistry, protein purification
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; creative and demonstrated problem solving and analytical skills;
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, Adobe
- Knowledge of data base systems, GraphPad, prism, softmax pro
- Knowledge or experience in working with ocular therapeutics would be a significant plus.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to carry out each essential duty satisfactorily. They must be able to travel domestically and internationally. The requirements listed
are representative of the level of knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
WORK ENVIRONMENT AND ENVIRONMENTAL CONDITIONS:
The work environment characteristics are representative of those an employee encounters
while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Authorization to work in the Unites States and travel with legally required documentation.
TO APPLY EMAIL firstname.lastname@example.org