Eurofins Advantar Laboratories, Inc provides expertise in virtually all dosage forms including small molecule, peptide, protein, DNA, RNA and oligonucleotide drug molecules. Our GMP-compliant services include pre-formulation and formulation development, analytical methods development/validation/remediation, release and stability testing, compendial analysis, and clinical trial material labeling and packaging.
Eurofins Advantar Laboratories, Inc is searching for a Senior Scientist – Manufacturing in San Diego, CA.
Senior Scientist responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Executes plan/schedule developed independently or by supervisor.
- Able to work in manufacturing or analytical testing
- Completes specified activities aligned with individual goals. Proactive to address work issues at the individual level. Understands personal role in job performance metrics per job plan. Regular attendance and punctuality. Independently seek out work.
- Develop solutions for technical problems. Assists in the implementation of new technologies or approaches. Expand technical expertise into multiple areas. Support and drive LEAN initiatives.
- Focus is on meeting needs of Sponsors, in the context of outputs to the next stage of workflow, and customer expectations. Provide consultation for clients when needed.
- Understands extra effort sometimes required to meet group deadlines. Commitment to occasional overtime as manufacturing processes requires.
- Communicate effectively, both orally and in writing. Demonstrate technical writing skills. Informs supervisor and interacts with peers in a clear, timely and professional manner.
- Takes ownership to promptly report errors, deviations, OOS or other unusual occurrences during manufacturing to supervisor.
- Guide and mentor junior staff to successfully complete projects and grow technical knowledge
- Provide coverage for management when needed
- Demonstrate leadership qualities including:
- Effective in communication
- Display of confidence
- Demonstrate motivation and take initiative
- Follow through on assignments
- Identify speaking or publishing opportunities and drive to publication or presentation.
- Complies with Health, Safety & Environmental responsibilities. Conducts all activities in a safe and efficient manner.
The ideal candidate would possess:
- Executes manufacturing procedures of moderate complexity with minimal errors.
- Proficient in at least two core techniques (e.g.; lyophilization, formulation, rheology, formulation, DSC, etc.).
- Executes manufacturing and filling operations with minimal errors.
- Good dexterity
- Ability to run testing such as HPLC, KF, etc.
- Positive attitude; willingness to learn
- Solution Driven
- Good work habits (organized efficient, accurate, careful, safety conscious, punctuality, and etc.)
- Attention to detail
- Good oral and written communication
- Understanding of instrumentation
- Client service focused
Basic Minimum Qualifications:
Doctorate’s degree, Master’s degree, or Bachelor’s degree in chemistry, biochemistry, biology or closely related physical science from a four-year college/university or equivalent education and training:
- Ph.D. or Master’s degree and >3 years related experience or Bachelor’s degree and >10 years related experience
Position is full-time, Monday-Friday, 8 a.m.-5 p.m., with overtime as needed. Candidates currently living within a commutable distance of San Diego, CA are encouraged to apply.
As a Eurofins employee, you will become part of a company that has received national recognition as a great place to work. We offer excellent full-time benefits including comprehensive medical coverage, life and disability insurance, 401(k), paid holidays and vacation, personal days, and dental and vision options.
To learn more about Eurofins, please explore our website www.eurofinsus.com.
Eurofins is a M/F, Disabled, and Veteran Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer.