Eurofins Lancaster Laboratories, a nationally recognized laboratory, is searching for an Immunoassay Scientist to support our Professional Scientific Services group in San Diego, CA.
- An understanding and application of GMP and GLP procedures
- Isolation, purification and culture of freshly isolated populations of leukocyte from humans for ex vivo assays
- Design cell-based assays with immunology research-related technologies (e.g. human whole blood, primary human leukocyte isolation, cellular activation and differentiation, FACS, etc.)
- Prepare cellular materials for genomic or transcriptomic assessment
- Study genes, gene regulatory elements, RNA biology, or transcriptome analysis
- Profile genetic signatures or expression thereof in bulk or single cell populations using NGS, qPCR, ddPCR, RNS-seq, microarrays, and complementary techniques
- Basic NGS data management and interpretation
- Ability to successfully train other scientists in technical assays
- Specific knowledge of proteins and antibodies
- Data analysis experience with Microsoft Excel or similar programs
- Prepare and present data in PowerPoint format
- Author, review, and data verify technical reports
The Ideal Candidate would possess:
- Excellent communication (oral and written) and attention to detail
- Ability to learn new techniques, perform multiple tasks simultaneously, keep accurate records, follow instructions, and comply with company policies
- An understanding of the business of science
- Strong organization, scientific, computational, communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to independently conduct process characterization and process validation experiments, design-of-experiment robustness studies, as well as assay qualification studies
- Bachelor’s degree with 3 – 4 years of experience, or Master’s degree with 2+ years of experience
- Degree in biochemistry, chemistry, analytical chemistry, life sciences, or other related degree concentration
- Authorization to work in the United States indefinitely without restriction or sponsorship
What we offer:
- Excellent full time benefits including comprehensive medical coverage, dental, and vision options
- Life and disability insurance
- 401(k) with company match
- Paid vacation and holidays
Position is full-time, Monday-Friday, 9 a.m.-5 p.m., with overtime as needed. Candidates currently living within a commutable distance of San Diego, California are encouraged to apply.
Eurofins Lancaster Laboratories Professional Scientific Services® (PSS) is a global, award-winning insourcing solution that places our people at our clients’ site dedicated to running and managing laboratory services while eliminating headcount, co-employment and project-management worries.
We infuse our 55-year track record of scientific and laboratory operations expertise, as well as HR and great place to work best practices, to recruit, hire, train and manage highly qualified scientists to perform laboratory services using our client’s quality systems and equipment.
We are looking forward to receiving your application including your expected salary and possible start date via our career website.