- Oceanside, CA, USA
Consider joining Eurofins Lancaster Laboratories where people are the most important element in our chemistry.? Celebrating 55 years of service, Lancaster Laboratories is a leading contract lab providing testing and research services in the environmental, pharmaceutical, and biopharmaceutical sciences to clients worldwide.
Eurofins Lancaster Laboratories, a nationally recognized laboratory, is searching for a Manager to oversee Microbiology for?our Professional Scientific Services group in Oceanside, CA.
Manager ? MIcrobiology?responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Manage and develop a staff of 10-25 scientists to perform ?environmental monitoring (EM), cleaning validation, and ICP sample testing at biologics manufacturing facility using sampling protocols and associated documents.
- Scheduling staff to ensure coverage of a 20 hour/ 7 day work week with 2-3 shifts
- Ensure team is meeting client expectations and performing in compliance with cGMP policies and SOPs in a production environment
- Assist with planning and layout of new laboratory space
- Seek out and collaborate with clients to suggest new areas of opportuity for service
- Participate in lean lab operation, 6S laboratory layout, preventive action, and continuous improvement programs to reduce operating costs
- Review results of QC testing such as Biourden, Endotoxin,Total Organic Carbon, Concentration, and Conductivity
- Review manufacturing schedule for dynamic environmental monitoring to ensure all samples are collected appropriately, and address problems where necessary
- Reconcile all environmental monitoring samples at the end of the production run to ensure all samples were appropriately taken, processed, and were within required limits
- Ensure Weekend, holiday, and overtime coverage as needed to meet client schedules
- Train personnel to perform laboratory operations
The ideal candidate would possess:
- Experience with sample collection and QC testing in a cGMP production environment
- Process improvement including Lean, Six Sigma, or related methodology
- Leadership in a dynamic team environment
- Strong computer, scientific, and organizational skills
- Excellent communication (oral and written) and attention to detail
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team, self-motivation, adaptability, and?a?positive attitude
- Ability to learn new techniques, perform multiple tasks simultaneously, keep accurate records, follow instructions, and comply with company policies
- Bachelor’s or Master?s degree in, life sciences, microbiology or other related degree concentration
- At least 5 years related biologics experience (cGMP production laboratory in microbiology and environmental monitoring preferred)
- Leadership experience
- Authorization to work in the United States indefinitely without restriction or sponsorship
What we offer:
- Excellent full time benefits including comprehensive medical coverage, dental, and vision options
- Life and disability insurance
- 401(k) with company match
- Paid vacation and holidays
Position is full-time, 8am – 5pm with occasional overtime?required.??Candidates currently living within a commutable distance of Oceanside, CA are encouraged to apply.
Eurofins Lancaster Laboratories Professional Scientific Services??(PSS) is a global, award-winning insourcing solution that places our people at our clients? site dedicated to running and managing laboratory services while eliminating headcount, co-employment and project-management worries.
We infuse our 55-year track record of scientific and laboratory operations expertise, as well as HR and great place to work best practices, to recruit, hire, train and manage highly qualified scientists to perform laboratory services using our client?s quality systems and equipment.
We are looking forward to receiving your application including your expected salary and possible start date via our career website.
Eurofins is a M/F, Disabled, and Veteran Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer.