Shimadzu Scientific Instruments is one of the largest suppliers of analytical instrumentation, physical testing, and environmental monitoring systems in the world. Our products include Gas Chromatographs, Liquid Chromatographs, Mass Spectrometers, Total Organic Carbon Analyzers, UV-Vis Spectrometers, Fluorescence, Atomic Absorption, IR, X-Ray, and Universal Testing Machines. In 1975, SSI Corporate Headquarters was established in Columbia, Maryland and we currently have ten regional offices coast to coast.
Shimadzu Scientific Instruments is hiring a Field Sales Engineer for our San Diego sales territory. This person will be responsible for selling our entire product line (HPLC, GC, MS, Spectroscopy, UV-Vis, TOC, etc.). This position affords the ability to have an excellent base salary, uncapped commissions, and a company vehicle! Details are below:
The individual in this position is responsible for a wide variety of sales related functions including sales of all assigned product lines, demonstrations, installations, training, reports as required, the maintenance and safekeeping of demonstration instrumentation, computers, software, company vehicles and other company property, as well as, other related duties which may be assigned from time to time.
This position will be required to reach or exceed assigned sales goals within an assigned geographic territory.
- Establish and maintain a good relationship with all accounts;
- Perform demonstrations, installations and training.
- Timely submission of all required paperwork such as Call Reports, Expense Accounts, Forecasts, Lost Order Reports, Bid Opening Results, Competitive Marketing Information;
- Submission of Territorial Marketing Plan;
- Performing adequate sales calls, demonstrations and other calls as necessary;
- Achieving and maintaining a high level of technical proficiency in all areas related to the assigned product lines;
- Maintenance of account records;
- Conducting proper lead follow-up programs;
- Maintenance and safekeeping of all assigned company property;
- Must travel overnight as the position requires;
- Must travel by air and drive as required.
This position’s primary focus is to achieve sales goals while maintaining excellent customer relations and reporting back to the Regional and Home Offices those factors, both good and bad, that affect the assigned territory.
|Human Relations Skills
Customer Relations Skills
Experience with a Quota
Time & Territory Profitability
The incumbent must be able to make effective and efficient decisions to solve problems based on customer needs and requirements. Engineer is required to have obtained at least two product proficiency badges, through the internal corporate developmental program.
Education and/or Experience:
- 4-year Degree in Science (e.g. chemistry, biology, geology, food science, etc.);
- Three years successful sales experience in a B2B environment. Chemical and instrumental analysis is preferred.
- Possess a valid driver’s license.
Shimadzu Scientific Instruments is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
Bachelors or better in Biology or related field.
Bachelors or better in Chemistry or related field.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)