Tentarix Biotherapeutics is an exciting company with a game-changing technology platform that allows for the discovery of next generation, multi-specific investigational drugs to address the key limitations of existing cancer, autoimmune and other disease therapies.
We are led by a seasoned executive team with proven expertise in the field of multi-specific drug discovery. We are committed to hiring and retaining highly qualified and motivated team members who are passionate about making a difference for patients in the modern drug discovery landscape with our ground-breaking technology.
Tentarix team members are creative, hands-on, self-directed, and display excellent communication skills. They also exhibit a high level of integrity, resiliency and a determination to contribute to the success of the company. We offer autonomy, flexibility, a modern culture and the best tools to ensure the success of our individuals and collectively.
The Director of Protein Biotherapeutics and Engineering will lead our Biotherapeutics team, and be responsible for molecular biology, biologics production in mammalian systems, purification, analytical characterization, and ultimately protein optimization and engineering.
- Direct the biotherapeutics laboratories in the La Jolla area, and implementing and managing cutting edge technologies for mammalian expression, protein purification, and analytical and developability assessment of therapeutic proteins
- Utilize a background in biologics to direct the engineering/optimization of biologics for clinical development.
- Work closely with the team to prioritize, innovate, and when necessary, participate in the work to establish platforms, protocols, and to innovate with a culture of continual improvement
- Establish quality control guidelines, ensure molecules are produced and data are rigorously analyzed to meet project timelines
- Oversee collaboration and outsourced work
- Prepare and review regulatory filing and intellectual property documents
Qualifications and Skills:
- Ph.D., post-doctoral experience, and +7 years in industry producing and characterizing protein therapeutics
- Management role for the discovery and development of protein therapeutics
- Technical experience including small scale to gram level expression and purification of proteins, as well as technical experience in several of the following fields: protein structure, molecular modeling, protein engineering and molecular biology, protein purification and/or bioanalytical characterization
- Experience with intellectual property and/or regulatory filings is desirable
- A track record of innovation and scientific rigor, strong problem solving and troubleshooting skills, and ability to contribute constructively to discussions
- Goal oriented, organized, capable of prioritizing across multiple projects, and able to execute to timelines that meet company goals
- Thrive in a cross functional team environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Our employees are the Company’s most valuable asset, so we offer attractive compensation and benefits packages to retain the best in the field. Tentarix is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status.
Tentarix Biotherapeutics, Inc. also complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as work authorization and employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act and IRCA. We are an E-Verify employer.