Eurofins Advantar Laboratories, Inc is searching for a Mass Spectrophotometry Scientist in San Diego, CA.
Mass Spectrophotometry Scientist responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
· Perform analysis of proteins and impurities, or raw materials associated with their production using various analytical techniques
· Document work as required for GMP compliance
· Perform tests accurately
· Troubleshoot method and instrumentation problems
· Use office and instrumentation specific computer software
· Produce written reports (e.g., SOP, OMC, client reports)
· Initiate and perform investigations
· Serve as administrator of analytical instrumentation systems
· Develop and execute validation plans
· Carry out method transfers and feasibility studies
· Train technical staff
· Give presentations for training and client reviews
The ideal candidate would possess:
· Experience with a SciEx Triple Quad mass spectrophotometer
· Hands on experience working with:
- Glycoprofiling (site occupancy and heterogeneity) by LC-MS
- Peptide mapping (sequence confirmation, PTM, ID, degradation) by LC-MS/MS
- Intact molecular weight analysis by LC-MS
- Disulfide bond/free cysteine mapping by LC-MS
- Carbohydrate analyses (oligosaccharide, quantitative monosaccharide and sialic acid) by HPLC-FLD or HPAE-PAD
- Capillary electrophoresis (cIEF, SDS-CGE, CZE)
- API, DP, DS purity and size, RP-, IEX- and SEC-HPLC analyses ?
· HPLC and method development experience
· Strong computer, scientific, and organizational skills
· Excellent communication (oral and written) and attention to detail
· Ability to work independently and as part of a team, self-motivation, adaptability, and a positive attitude
· Ability to learn new techniques, perform multiple tasks simultaneously, keep accurate records, follow instructions, and comply with company policies
Basic Minimum Qualifications :
· Bachelor’s degree in biochemistry, chemistry, or other related degree concentration
· 5 – 10 years of pharma and GMP experience
· Authorization to work in the United States indefinitely without restriction or sponsorship
Position is full-time, Monday-Friday, 8 a.m.-5 p.m., with overtime as needed. Candidates currently living within a commutable distance of San Diego, CA are encouraged to apply.
Eurofins Advantar Laboratories, Inc provides expertise in virtually all dosage forms including small molecule, peptide, protein, DNA, RNA and oligonucleotide drug molecules. Our GMP-compliant services include pre-formulation and formulation development, analytical methods development/validation/remediation, release and stability testing, compendial analysis, and clinical trial material labeling and packaging.
As a Eurofins employee, you will become part of a company that has received national recognition as a great place to work. We offer excellent full-time benefits including comprehensive medical coverage, life and disability insurance, 401(k) with company match, paid holidays and vacation, personal days, and dental and vision options.
To learn more about Eurofins, please explore our website www.eurofinsus.com .
Eurofins is a M/F, Disabled, and Veteran Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer.