- SDBN BUZZ Podcast: Using Biology as Technology to Stream Data May 27, 2020
Michael Heltzen is the CEO of Cardea Bio. He envisions a time when biology is part of the technology. What exactly does that mean? We currently use aspects of biology to observe or manipulate living systems. But often we are measuring at a moment in time. His vision is to use biological molecules as sensors to ...
- SDBN BUZZ Podcast: The Fleet Science Center Mission Goes On Even in a Pandemic May 12, 2020
As we shelter in place in the midst of a pandemic, the world waits for science to rescue us with testing, treatments and/or a vaccine. But how do we get more people to connect with the power of science on a regular basis? That’s the mission of The Fleet Science Center. Steve Snyder is the CEO ...
- SDBN BUZZ Podcast: Avoiding Business Disaster April 21, 2020
Many business disasters are the result of bad decision making. But how do we learn to make better decisions, given all the effort that goes into planning, SWOT analyses and so on? Gleb Tsipusky has been studying this for a long time. He focuses on cognitive bias, the tendency for our brains to push us in ...
- SDBN BUZZ Podcast: Participating in the San Diego Angel Conference – Peter Teriete April 7, 2020
Back in November, I spoke to?Mysty Rusk and Jason Scharf about the upcoming?(now complete) San Diego Angel Conference. In this episode, Peter Teriete describes his experience as a participant. His company,?TumorGen, enrolled in the conference looking for funding and guidance. They made the semi-finals, but as Peter points out, you don’t need to be the eventual ...
- SDBN BUZZ Podcast: Using Zebrafish to Discover Host Directed Therapies March 24, 2020
Infectious disease is getting a lot of attention right now because we are in the middle of the Corona Virus pandemic. In this episode (recorded back in January),? Dr. Molly Matty helps us explore how Zebrafish, a model organism for development is being used to investigate host pathogen interactions, specifically with?Mycobacterium marinum.? Other species of Mycobacterium ...
What?s SDBN BUZZ Podcast?
The San Diego Biotechnology Network (SDBN), founded in 2008, has always been about forming a life science community and making connections. Through events and online interactions, we?ve made tens of thousands of connections between scientists and biotech professionals.
SDBN BUZZ will leverage the power of podcasting to:
Connect the Community. Most people know that to get the ?real? scoop on the latest merger, hot new company, or the job market, you need to talk to your colleagues face to face. Podcasting gives you that ?buzz,? and delivers it to you when it?s convenient: while you?re driving in the car, exercising, or doing a rote laboratory task.
Engage and Educate. All levels of scientists and professionals can learn from the community, whether they?re scientists charting a new career path, entrepreneurs looking for funding, or VCs looking for the next big advance to invest in.
Start Essential Conversations. We?re going to interview the big names you want to hear from, and we?ll also cover topics that are important to the growth and diversity of our life science cluster. We?ll interview scientists facing career challenges, for example due to the changing technology landscape or discrimination, as well as those who can help our listeners who are in a similar situation. We are also committed to representing women and minorities as guests, with no fewer than half of our guests being in these categories. Here are our topics:
- Trending Topics
- Startup Skills
- Outreach Opportunities
- IPO Insights
- Finding Funding
- Building Biotech
- Genomics Gurus
- Career Chat
- Diversity Divas
- Marketing Mavens
- Going Green
Who?s Behind SDBN BUZZ Podcast?
Mary Canady, SDBN Founder, met Chris Conner on social media over their shared interest in cutting edge life science marketing strategies. Chris founded the Life Science Marketing Radio podcast, which has amassed more than 70,000 downloads of thought-leading content. Mary and Chris will put their experience, along with their 36,000 social media followers, at work to ensure the success of the SDBN BUZZ podcast.
SDBN BUZZ Foundational Sponsors
We’d like to thank the SDBN BUZZ podcast’s Foundational Sponsors LabViva and Brex, they are showing their support for the growth of the San Diego life science community through shared conversation.Check out the special offers they have available to SDBN BUZZ podcast listeners:
|Labviva creates a unique relationship between scientific content and products across hundreds of brands and suppliers resulting in a seamless purchasing experience. Find the exact antibodies, reagents, chemicals or instrumentation you need, organized by research area with recent publications. Labviva offers the lowest prices online.?Save 10% on your first order?at?labviva.com/buzz?and use the promo code?buzz?when you place your order.|
|Brex launched in Y Combinator’s Winter 2017 batch and since then has been solely focused on building a business credit card for scaling companies. Brex understands that life sciences are hard, long, and resource intensive, which is why it?s building financial technology to make the lives of the founders/operators of these companies easier. Brex is offering?waived card fees for life?when you get started using?brex.com/sdbn?. It takes 5-10 minutes max. If you?re not ready, you can learn more about how we can help you on the materials attached or feel free to reach out email@example.com?with any questions.|
Why Sponsor SDBN BUZZ Podcast?
- Thought Leadership. Biotech professionals, will see, or rather hear, that you both support the San Diego biotech community and are tuned into the latest advances.
- Lasting Impression. Podcast listeners are very loyal and new subscribers will often hear your advertisement when listening through the back catalog in addition to new episodes. Unlike other forms of advertising, podcast advertising doesn?t expire.
- Expert Guidance. Life science marketing and podcast experts Mary and Chris will help you craft an audio spot that will meet your objectives. Host-read advertisements leverage the influence of the host to ensure its effectiveness.
- Flexible Sponsorship Options. We?re offering several levels of sponsorship. Make an impact with any budget:
- Mid-BUZZ Sponsor. Place your advertisement in the middle of the podcast, or mid-roll when listeners are engaged, for $475.
- Pre-BUZZ Sponsor. Secure the advertisement at the beginning of the podcast, or pre-roll, for $675.
- Full BUZZ Sponsor. Leverage exclusive sponsorship of a Podcast episode, the pre-roll and mid-roll advertising spots, save money over buying individual spots, and be listed in the description as the sponsor for $995.
- SDBN BUZZ Backer. Sponsor any 5 podcasts at the Full BUZZ Sponsorship Level ($4975), be listed as an SDBN BUZZ Backer on all marketing materials, for 6 months, and get your company or client featured in the 5th podcast.
- SDBN BUZZ Benefactor. Sponsor any 10 podcasts at the Full BUZZ level ($9,950), and be listed as an SDBN BUZZ Benefactor for 1 year on all marketing materials, get a free press release (PR Newswire) listing your partnership with SDBN BUZZ Podcast, and get your company or client featured in 2 of the sponsored podcasts.
Still not convinced? Check out the impressive profile of podcast listeners, and marry this information with SDBN’s website visitor demographics (PDF, via Quantcast), and you’ll see that we’ll be reaching and engaging high level biotech professionals with SDBN BUZZ.