- SDBN Podcast: Science and Investment Are Dancing – Who Leads? March 16, 2021
In a competitive biotech world, being first to market has advantages. This means you can’t always wait for a product to be approved or at least show promise before investing in manufacturing capability. What happens when the science leads in a different direction? This is the conversation I had with Mark Gergen, President and Chief Business ...
- SDBN Podcast: Turning Greenhouse Gases into Biodegradable Foodware November 9, 2020
If you could capture greenhouse gases like CO2 or methane and turn them into usable products, what would you make? There are a few challenges here. Which gas would you choose? What source would you use? And what market would you serve? This episode answers all of those questions. I interviewed Mark Herrema, CEO of Newlight Technologies ...
- SDBN Podcast: How Does a New Biotech Company Successfully Launch Its First Product? October 26, 2020
After many years with a focus on R&D, how does a biotech company then launch its first product with no track record in the market and no established relationships while essentially launching the company as a commercial operation at the same time? Frank Dolan, CEO of Arsenal Advisors, has been there and done that three times. ...
- SDBN Podcast: What is a Sales Agent and Do You Need One? September 21, 2020
I met Owen Swift at an online networking event. I didn’t know what a sales agent was or why a company would choose to use one, so I invited him to the podcast to explain it to all of us. A sales agent is essentially the same as a manufacturer’s rep. It differs from a distributor ...
- SDBN Podcast: Achieving Racial Equity in Biotech September 14, 2020
It won’t be a surprise to you that Blacks and Hispanics are underrepresented in the the San Diego biotech community. There are probably many reasons why that is and just as many ways to address it. Jonathan Wosen recently reported on the disparity in the San Diego Union Tribune. Before becoming a writer, he earned a ...
What?s SDBN BUZZ Podcast?
The San Diego Biotechnology Network (SDBN), founded in 2008, has always been about forming a life science community and making connections. Through events and online interactions, we?ve made tens of thousands of connections between scientists and biotech professionals.
SDBN BUZZ will leverage the power of podcasting to:
Connect the Community. Most people know that to get the ?real? scoop on the latest merger, hot new company, or the job market, you need to talk to your colleagues face to face. Podcasting gives you that ?buzz,? and delivers it to you when it?s convenient: while you?re driving in the car, exercising, or doing a rote laboratory task.
Engage and Educate. All levels of scientists and professionals can learn from the community, whether they?re scientists charting a new career path, entrepreneurs looking for funding, or VCs looking for the next big advance to invest in.
Start Essential Conversations. We?re going to interview the big names you want to hear from, and we?ll also cover topics that are important to the growth and diversity of our life science cluster. We?ll interview scientists facing career challenges, for example due to the changing technology landscape or discrimination, as well as those who can help our listeners who are in a similar situation. We are also committed to representing women and minorities as guests, with no fewer than half of our guests being in these categories. Here are our topics:
- Trending Topics
- Startup Skills
- Outreach Opportunities
- IPO Insights
- Finding Funding
- Building Biotech
- Genomics Gurus
- Career Chat
- Diversity Divas
- Marketing Mavens
- Going Green
Who’s Behind SDBN BUZZ Podcast?
Mary Canady, SDBN Founder, met Chris Conner on social media over their shared interest in cutting edge life science marketing strategies. Chris founded the Life Science Marketing Radio podcast, which has amassed more than 80,000 downloads of thought-leading content. Mary and Chris will put their experience, along with their 36,000 social media followers, at work to ensure the success of the SDBN BUZZ podcast.
SDBN BUZZ Foundational Sponsors
We’d like to thank the SDBN BUZZ podcast’s Foundational Sponsors LabViva and Brex, they are showing their support for the growth of the San Diego life science community through shared conversation.Check out the special offers they have available to SDBN BUZZ podcast listeners:
|Labviva creates a unique relationship between scientific content and products across hundreds of brands and suppliers resulting in a seamless purchasing experience. Find the exact antibodies, reagents, chemicals or instrumentation you need, organized by research area with recent publications. Labviva offers the lowest prices online.?Save 10% on your first order?at?labviva.com/buzz?and use the promo code?buzz?when you place your order.|
|Brex launched in Y Combinator’s Winter 2017 batch and since then has been solely focused on building a business credit card for scaling companies. Brex understands that life sciences are hard, long, and resource intensive, which is why it?s building financial technology to make the lives of the founders/operators of these companies easier. Brex is offering?waived card fees for life?when you get started using?brex.com/sdbn?. It takes 5-10 minutes max. If you?re not ready, you can learn more about how we can help you on the materials attached or feel free to reach out firstname.lastname@example.org?with any questions.|
Why Sponsor SDBN BUZZ Podcast?
- Thought Leadership. Biotech professionals, will see, or rather hear, that you both support the San Diego biotech community and are tuned into the latest advances.
- Lasting Impression. Podcast listeners are very loyal and new subscribers will often hear your advertisement when listening through the back catalog in addition to new episodes. Unlike other forms of advertising, podcast advertising doesn?t expire.
- Expert Guidance. Life science marketing and podcast experts Mary and Chris will help you craft an audio spot that will meet your objectives. Host-read advertisements leverage the influence of the host to ensure its effectiveness.
- Flexible Sponsorship Options. We?re offering several levels of sponsorship. Make an impact with any budget:
- Mid-BUZZ Sponsor. Place your advertisement in the middle of the podcast, or mid-roll when listeners are engaged, for $150.
- Pre-BUZZ Sponsor. Secure the advertisement at the beginning of the podcast, or pre-roll, for $200.
- Full BUZZ Sponsor. Leverage exclusive sponsorship of a Podcast episode, the pre-roll and mid-roll advertising spots, save money over buying individual spots, and be listed in the description as the sponsor for $300.
- SDBN BUZZ Backer. Sponsor any 5 podcasts at the Full BUZZ Sponsorship Level ($1500), be listed as an SDBN BUZZ Backer on all marketing materials, for 6 months, and get your company or client featured in the 5th podcast.
- SDBN BUZZ Benefactor. Sponsor any 10 podcasts at the Full BUZZ level ($3000), and be listed as an SDBN BUZZ Benefactor for 1 year on all marketing materials, get a free press release (PR Newswire) listing your partnership with SDBN BUZZ Podcast, and get your company or client featured in 2 of the sponsored podcasts.
Still not convinced? Check out the impressive profile of podcast listeners, and marry this information with SDBN’s website visitor demographics (PDF, via Quantcast), and you’ll see that we’ll be reaching and engaging high level biotech professionals with SDBN BUZZ.