- SDBN Podcast: The Why and the How of Science on the International Space Station July 26, 2020
? There is more life science research going on in space than you probably imagined. And amazingly, experiments including microscopy, are controlled from the ground. It’s a long way from the days of shuttle astronauts having to carryout protocols in a weightless environment. In this episode, Jana Stoudemire explained to me the mission of Space Tango, the types ...
- SDBN Podcast: How Stem Cells Might Rescue the Most Endangered Species July 6, 2020
There are 2 Northern White Rhinos left in the world. Both female. Yet because someone thought to preserve tissue samples back in the 1970s without any idea of the possibilities, there might be a chance to bring this species back. Marisa Korody is a conservation geneticist at the San Siego Zoo in the Institute for Conservation Research. She ...
- SDBN BUZZ Podcast: The How and the Why of Inducible Pluripotent Stem Cells June 22, 2020
Inducible pluripotent stem cells (iPSCs) are cultured cells with the ability to become any cell type present in the species from which it came. Jeanne Loring (Professsor Emeritus at Scripps Research and the Chief Scientific Officer at Aspen Biosciences) is an expert in this area. In this episode, she described how iPSCs are made and what ...
- SDBN BUZZ Podcast: Repositioning Drugs as Potential Therapies for COVID-19 June 9, 2020
In this episode we visit the front lines of science. We’re all aware of the health care workers on the front lines of treatment, but what is it like to do research on the novel coronavirus? And what are the strategies? Drs. Sumit Chanda and Laura Martin-Sancho describe for me their efforts at Sanford Burnham Prebys ...
- SDBN BUZZ Podcast: Using Biology as Technology to Stream Data May 27, 2020
Michael Heltzen is the CEO of Cardea Bio. He envisions a time when biology is part of the technology. What exactly does that mean? We currently use aspects of biology to observe or manipulate living systems. But often we are measuring at a moment in time. His vision is to use biological molecules as sensors to ...
What?s SDBN BUZZ Podcast?
The San Diego Biotechnology Network (SDBN), founded in 2008, has always been about forming a life science community and making connections. Through events and online interactions, we?ve made tens of thousands of connections between scientists and biotech professionals.
SDBN BUZZ will leverage the power of podcasting to:
Connect the Community. Most people know that to get the ?real? scoop on the latest merger, hot new company, or the job market, you need to talk to your colleagues face to face. Podcasting gives you that ?buzz,? and delivers it to you when it?s convenient: while you?re driving in the car, exercising, or doing a rote laboratory task.
Engage and Educate. All levels of scientists and professionals can learn from the community, whether they?re scientists charting a new career path, entrepreneurs looking for funding, or VCs looking for the next big advance to invest in.
Start Essential Conversations. We?re going to interview the big names you want to hear from, and we?ll also cover topics that are important to the growth and diversity of our life science cluster. We?ll interview scientists facing career challenges, for example due to the changing technology landscape or discrimination, as well as those who can help our listeners who are in a similar situation. We are also committed to representing women and minorities as guests, with no fewer than half of our guests being in these categories. Here are our topics:
- Trending Topics
- Startup Skills
- Outreach Opportunities
- IPO Insights
- Finding Funding
- Building Biotech
- Genomics Gurus
- Career Chat
- Diversity Divas
- Marketing Mavens
- Going Green
Who’s Behind SDBN BUZZ Podcast?
Mary Canady, SDBN Founder, met Chris Conner on social media over their shared interest in cutting edge life science marketing strategies. Chris founded the Life Science Marketing Radio podcast, which has amassed more than 80,000 downloads of thought-leading content. Mary and Chris will put their experience, along with their 36,000 social media followers, at work to ensure the success of the SDBN BUZZ podcast.
SDBN BUZZ Foundational Sponsors
We’d like to thank the SDBN BUZZ podcast’s Foundational Sponsors LabViva and Brex, they are showing their support for the growth of the San Diego life science community through shared conversation.Check out the special offers they have available to SDBN BUZZ podcast listeners:
|Labviva creates a unique relationship between scientific content and products across hundreds of brands and suppliers resulting in a seamless purchasing experience. Find the exact antibodies, reagents, chemicals or instrumentation you need, organized by research area with recent publications. Labviva offers the lowest prices online.?Save 10% on your first order?at?labviva.com/buzz?and use the promo code?buzz?when you place your order.|
|Brex launched in Y Combinator’s Winter 2017 batch and since then has been solely focused on building a business credit card for scaling companies. Brex understands that life sciences are hard, long, and resource intensive, which is why it?s building financial technology to make the lives of the founders/operators of these companies easier. Brex is offering?waived card fees for life?when you get started using?brex.com/sdbn?. It takes 5-10 minutes max. If you?re not ready, you can learn more about how we can help you on the materials attached or feel free to reach out email@example.com?with any questions.|
Why Sponsor SDBN BUZZ Podcast?
- Thought Leadership. Biotech professionals, will see, or rather hear, that you both support the San Diego biotech community and are tuned into the latest advances.
- Lasting Impression. Podcast listeners are very loyal and new subscribers will often hear your advertisement when listening through the back catalog in addition to new episodes. Unlike other forms of advertising, podcast advertising doesn?t expire.
- Expert Guidance. Life science marketing and podcast experts Mary and Chris will help you craft an audio spot that will meet your objectives. Host-read advertisements leverage the influence of the host to ensure its effectiveness.
- Flexible Sponsorship Options. We?re offering several levels of sponsorship. Make an impact with any budget:
- Mid-BUZZ Sponsor. Place your advertisement in the middle of the podcast, or mid-roll when listeners are engaged, for $150.
- Pre-BUZZ Sponsor. Secure the advertisement at the beginning of the podcast, or pre-roll, for $200.
- Full BUZZ Sponsor. Leverage exclusive sponsorship of a Podcast episode, the pre-roll and mid-roll advertising spots, save money over buying individual spots, and be listed in the description as the sponsor for $300.
- SDBN BUZZ Backer. Sponsor any 5 podcasts at the Full BUZZ Sponsorship Level ($1500), be listed as an SDBN BUZZ Backer on all marketing materials, for 6 months, and get your company or client featured in the 5th podcast.
- SDBN BUZZ Benefactor. Sponsor any 10 podcasts at the Full BUZZ level ($3000), and be listed as an SDBN BUZZ Benefactor for 1 year on all marketing materials, get a free press release (PR Newswire) listing your partnership with SDBN BUZZ Podcast, and get your company or client featured in 2 of the sponsored podcasts.
Still not convinced? Check out the impressive profile of podcast listeners, and marry this information with SDBN’s website visitor demographics (PDF, via Quantcast), and you’ll see that we’ll be reaching and engaging high level biotech professionals with SDBN BUZZ.