The Biomedical Advanced Research and Development Authority (BARDA), a unique part of the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, partners with biotechnology firms large and small to develop and make available medical countermeasures such as vaccines, therapeutics, and diagnostics to meet the threat of chemical, biological, radiological agents, emerging infectious diseases, and pandemic influenza. In fiscal year 2018, BARDA invested $1.4B in the advanced development and acquisition of products to address an array of threats, from Zika to Ebola. Last year, BARDA launched the Division of Research, Innovation, and Ventures (DRIVe) to accelerate the development and availability of transformative technologies and approaches to health security ?threats?.
Rick Bright, PhD, Director of BARDA, will be in attendance to provide an overview of BARDA?s unique approach to public-private partnerships. BARDA is seeking new partners in the following areas:
- Early and/or pre-symptomatic disease detection
- Transformative production technologies
- Diagnostics for use outside of medical settings
- New approaches respiratory protection
- Novel vaccine and drug administration
- Special Interests:
- New approaches to diagnose, treat and prevent influenza
- Approaches to address the threat of antimicrobial resistant bacterial infections
- Approaches to address sepsis
After the presentation and networking lunch, Rick will meet 1-on-1 with pre-selected companies. To be considered for a 1-on-1 meeting, please apply here. Applications due by Sep. 5th.
From Sep 25, 2019 03:30PM to Sep 25, 2019 07:00PM at Green Acre 10300 Campus Point Dr San Diego CA 92121